Emazole Control Gastro Resistant Tablets
Emazole Control is a short term treatment for reflux symptoms such as heartburn and acid regurgitation. Emazole Control works by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces for at least 24hours. Do not take more than the recommended dose of one tablet (20mg) a day, even if you don’t feel an improvement immediately. These tablets can be taken on an empty stomach or with food.
How to take:
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Emazole Control is not recommended for children less than 18 years old.
- If you are taking this medicine for a long time, your doctor will want to monitor you, (Particularly if you are taking it for more than a year).
- If your doctor has told you to take this medicine as and when you need it, tell your doctor if your signs of illness change.
Warnings and precautions
- Talk to your doctor before taking Emazole Control:
- if you have jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes) or severe liver problems
- if you have severe kidney problems
- if you have had a stomach ulcer or stomach surgery in the past
- if you have been taking treatment continuously for reflux or heartburn for 4 or more weeks
- if you are aged over 55 years and have new or recently changed reflux symptoms or need to take
- a non-prescription indigestion or heartburn remedy treatment every day
- if you have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine similar to Emazole Control that reduces stomach acid.